Become a gallery & museum volunteer!
We enjoy volunteering at the V.G. and M.
The staff are so friendly, there's no 'us' and 'them'.
The building itself is a real star attraction
And showing it off gives great satisfaction.
With temporary exhibits and permanent displays,
The Museum and Gallery please in so many ways.
There are paintings by Audubon, Turner and Freud;
Big drawings by Burne-Jones are hard to avoid.
Sculpture by Frampton, by Murphy and Rice
And some say the display of false teeth is quite nice.
There is no space to mention more, which is a pity,
But we're proud to show visitors our jewel in the city.
(Martin Strauss VG&M Volunteer)
Our Volunteer Makers website enables you to become involved in a variety of volunteering opportunities at the VG&M and Garstang Museum. Here you will be able to find out more about our events that require volunteers as well as other volunteering challenges.
Sign up and create an account by clicking ‘Join Now’.
Once you have created your account, you can start signing up to our volunteering challenges such as:
- Just a Minute’ challenges – Do you only have a few minutes to spare? Simply follow our social media pages – we’re on Facebook, twitter and Instagram. Give us a ‘like’ or retweet our posts!
- ‘Hour Or Two’ challenges – If you can spare an hour or more then you could help us by writing a TripAdvisor review for the VGM, Waterhouse Café and Garstang Museum.
- ‘Regular Help’ challenges – become a learning volunteer for family or school groups and assist us on a more regular basis.
All of our volunteering opportunities will be regularly updated and available on the Volunteer Makers website.
Read our Volunteering Policy
Logging your time
Don't forget to log your time on Volunteer Makers when you volunteer with us!
- Login to Volunteer Makers
- Click on the purple tab called ‘Accepted Challenges.’ and you will see the list of challenges you have signed up to
- You can add a new entry by selecting the date you volunteered and how much time you volunteered for (eg. Typing ‘0.5’ for half an hour ‘1’ for an hour etc)
- Click ‘submit’ and that time is now logged on Volunteer Maker.
Download the guide to Logging your time [pdf].